Pumpkin spiced loaf
300g self-raising flour
300g light muscovado sugar
3 tsp mixed spice
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
4 eggs, beaten
200g butter, melted
Zest 1 orange
1 tbsp orange juice
500g (peeled weight) pumpkin or butternut squash flesh, grated
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Take a 30 x 20cm baking or small roasting tin with baking parchment, line and butter.
- Put the flour, sultanas sugar, spice, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Beat the eggs into the melted butter, stir in the orange zest and juice, then mix with the dry ingredients until combined and lump-free then stir in the pumpkin.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 20 mins.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds then continue baking for another 10 minutes or until golden and springy to the touch.