Will your Blue Monday be shaken or stirred?
Blue Monday is looming, said to be the most depressing day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, probably as a combined result of chilly, wet and dull weather, funds running low following Christmas and people struggling with New Year’s resolutions. Well, we have a decision to make – we can either choose to hide away from the world, or embrace 16th January as if it were any other winter’s day.
At Arthur Price, we like to live with our glasses half full, so we have decided to take the positive approach and make the most out of Blue Monday and the entire weekend before it! Why not follow our lead and host a cocktail party this Friday or Saturday to beat the January blues?
We would like to offer a helping hand, so here is a recipe for the Classic Cosmopolitan to get you started – simple and delicious:
• Arthur Price Cocktail Shaker
• Bar spoon (or teaspoon)
• Martini glass
• 1 ½ parts Grey Goose L'Orange vodka
• ½ part Cointreau
• 1 part cranberry juice
• ¼ part fresh lime juice
• Ice cubes
• To garnish: orange peel
• Chill your cocktail glass by filling it with ice.
• Put plenty of ice and all of the ingredients into your shaker and shake vigorously for roughly 20 seconds, until the mix has completely chilled.
• Strain the mix into a Martini glass and then garnish with a twist of orange peel.
Voila! When you have mastered the Cosmo, why not try and design your own cocktail? Let us know if any of your concoctions are a success with your guests!